Woopra

Thursday, May 2, 2013

People Taking Pictures, my NYC experience

On my second trip to New York City, the first back in 2008, I wanted to capture pieces of NYC as I see NYC in my mind. Being a resident in California most of my exposure to other parts of the world are through images I see on the news or even on television shows. (Anyone else a Law and Order fan?) Sure, NY has the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Ground Zero, The Empire State Building, Central Park, and shopping on 5th ave, but when I think of NYC I think about all the cabs, the Police Officers walking their beat, crowds of pedestrians, subways, etc. That was the NYC I wanted to capture! Furthermore, as you will see below, I decided to shoot the whole vacation in black and white. 

Carrying my camera almost everywhere, I started to check items off my list as I captured them, but I started to notice something else that intrigued me, I wasn't the only tourist in NYC taking pictures. In fact, I saw people taking pictures with DSLRs, point and shoots, smart phones, flip phones, and even iPads! Newly inspired by this observation, I decided this is where I wanted to focus the balance of my vacation, and now I want to share some of those images with you. Please sit back and enjoy my "People Taking Pictures" project. 

If you enjoyed this post please let me know by sharing it with your friends on your favorite social media site. The link is: http://hackworthphotography.blogspot.com/ and of course you can see more of my work on my website: www.HackworthPhotography.com


























2 comments:

  1. Awesome images! Love the theme and the BW. Isn't it funny? So do you think THEY caught any pictures of you taking pictures of taking pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome I love them all but my favourite one is the 15th pic. :)

    ReplyDelete